LIANYUNGANG JM BIOSCIENCE CO., LTD.
  • +86-136 0513 7961
  • jinma@jmnbpt.com
  • #8 DAGANG WEST ROAD, LIANYUNGANG ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ZONE, JIANGSU, CHINA.
  • code How is Nutrient Content in Monopotassium Phosphate Calculated?

How is Nutrient Content in Monopotassium Phosphate Calculated?

Molecular formula of monopotassium phosphate :KH2PO4;Molecular weight of potassium dihydrogen phosphate :136


1. Potassium

Potassium has a relative atomic weight of 39, one potassium atom (1*39) in monopotassium phosphate

The proportion of potassium in monopotassium phosphate is 39/136 28.67

potassium element (k) in monopotassium phosphate is: 28.67%

The conversion coefficient of potassium oxide content and potassium content: K2O / 2K = (39 × 2 + 16) / 39 × 2 = 94 / 78 = 1.205

(K2O) theoretical content in monopotassium phosphate = 28.67% × 1.205 = 34.54%

(K2O) ((99%) 99% in monopotassium phosphate, the content of potassium oxide is 34.54% * 99% = 34.19%


2. Phosphorus

The relative atomic weight of phosphorus is 31, and there is one phosphorus atom in monopotassium phosphate (1*31).

The proportion of phosphorus in monopotassium phosphate is 31/136 22.794

The theoretical content of P in monopotassium phosphate is 22.794

Conversion coefficient between phosphorus pentoxide content and phosphorus content: p2o5/2p =(31*2+16*5)/31*2=142/62 2.29

The theoretical content of P2O5 in monopotassium phosphate is 22.794% × 2.29 = 52.198%

99% in monopotassium phosphate, the content of P2O5 is 52.198% * 99% = 51.67%


3. Hydrogen

The relative atomic weight of hydrogen element is 1. There are two hydrogen atoms (2 * 1) in monopotassium phosphate

The proportion of hydrogen in monopotassium phosphate is 2/136 1.47

Theoretical content of hydrogen in monopotassium phosphate :1.47


4. Oxygen

Oxygen has a relative atomic weight of 16, and in monopotassium phosphate we have four oxygen atoms (4*16).

The proportion of oxygen in monopotassium phosphate is 64/136 47.06

the theoretical content of oxygen element (O) in monopotassium phosphate: 47.06%

The theoretical content of each element in monopotassium phosphate: 28.67% in monopotassium phosphate; 1.47% in hydrogen; 22.794% in phosphorus; 47.06% in oxygen; 28.67% in 28.67% + 1.47% + 22.794% + 47.06% ≈ 100%


In short: 99% monopotassium phosphate (KH2PO4) means 99% of the substance is monopotassium phosphate, and the remaining 1% is impurity. However, if we use phosphorus pentoxide and potassium oxide for calculation, the content is 86%. What's left is not something else or lost, but our calculation method is different.

Related News
  • AgroChemEx 2018

    AgroChemEx 2018

    July 17, 2018AgroChemEx is short as ACE, which is an annual agrochemical symposium and exhibition organized by the China Crop Protection Industry Association (CCPIA)since 2005. Founded in 1982, the CCPIA, with its...view
  • Necessary for High Yield--Chlormequat Chlorid

    Necessary for High Yield--Chlormequat Chlorid

    December 23, 2020Chlormequat chloride is an antagonist of gibberellin. Its main function is to inhibit the biosynthesis of gibberellin, to inhibit cell elongation without affecting cell division, to inhibit the growth...view
  • Screening Conditions For Nitrification Inhibitors

    Screening Conditions For Nitrification Inhibitors

    May 21, 2019(1) Specificity. This compound should specifically inhibit the oxidation of NH4+ to NO2. It is to inhibit the activity of nitrite microorganism involved in the oxidation process and do no harm to bioc...view
  • Precautions for Use of Chlormequat Chloride

    Precautions for Use of Chlormequat Chloride

    December 23, 20201. Chlormequat chloride can be used with urea and acid fertilizer, but not with basic fertilizer. Chlormequat chloride decomposes with alkali.2. Chlormequat chloride is suitable for the plot with suff...view