Introduction to chlormequat chloride，mepiquat chloride and paclobutrazol
Mepiquat chloridel is a new plant growth regulator, which can apply to a variety of crops, play a variety of functions, promote the early flowering of plants, prevent abscission, increase yield, enhance chlorophyll synthesis and inhibit the elongation of main stem and fruit branch. According to the amount of spraying and different growth periods of plants, the growth of plants can be adjusted, the plants can be firm and lodging resistant, the color can be improved, and the yield can be increased.
Mepiquat chloride is mainly used in cotton. In addition, it can prevent lodging for winter wheat, increase calcium absorption for apple, reduce blackheart infection rate, increase sugar content for citrus, inhibit plant growth and improve color for ornamental plants, and increase yield and early maturity for tomatoes, melons and beans.
The principles to be mastered in the use of mepiquat chloride are as follows: spray high plant instead of low one, strong plant instead of weak one,wet plant instead of dry one, thick plant instead of thin one; spray a small amount each time and repeat it.
Chlormequat chloride is an antagonist of gibberellin, which can effectively control plant growth, promote reproductive growth and make plants grow short, strong and thick, shorten plant internode, develop root system, resist lodging, deepen leaf color, thicken leaf, increase chlorophyll content and photosynthesis, so as to improve fruit setting rate, quality and yield of some crops. Chlormequat chloride can improve the water absorption capacity of roots, affect the accumulation of proline in plants, and improve the resistance of plants, such as drought resistance, cold resistance, salt resistance and disease resistance. Chlormequat chloride can enter the plant through leaves, young branches, buds, roots and seeds, so it can be mixed, sprayed and irrigated, and different application methods can be selected according to different crops to achieve the best effect.
Paclobutrazol can delay plant growth, inhibit stem elongation, shorten internode, promote plant tillering, increase plant stress resistance and increase yield. It is suitable for rice, wheat, peanut, fruit tree, tobacco, rape, soybean, flower, lawn and other crops with remarkable effect.
Similarities of chlormequat chloride，mepiquat chloride and paclobutrazol
1. All of them are antagonists of gibberellin, belong to growth retardants and weaken the growth of crops, but do not affect cell division;
2. The meristem at the inconsistent top mainly inhibited the excessive growth of stem and bud;
3. Only when the water and fertilizer conditions are good can the effect be significant;
4. No extinction.
Differences of chlormequat chloride，mepiquat chloride and paclobutrazol
1. Mepiquat chloride, whose concentration range is large, is relatively mild, and is not easy to cause harm; chlormequat chloride and paclobutrazol are easy to cause harm when the dosage is too large;
2. Paclobutrazol is a triazole type regulator, which has strong inhibition, and has the effect of treating powdery mildew. It has a good effect on peanut, while it has no obvious effect on autumn and winter crops; chlormequat chloride is widely used, with a large dosage, and is mostly used in the flowering and bearing period of crops.